Benefits Of Using Scrubs In Hospitals
When dealing with customers it is important that your staff be properly attired. A standard form of attire makes sure they look professional and presentable as well. The same goes for hospitals and other institutes providing wellness treatments for patients. When dealing with customers it is important that your staff be properly attired. A standard form of attire makes sure they look professional and presentable as well. The same goes for hospitals and other institutes providing wellness treatments for patients. The medical wear from Melbourne or scrubs as they are popularly known are becoming the standard in hospitals world over. It is said that the doctors and other practitioners used to have a good scrub prior to entering the operating theater hence the word scrub being used for these clothing. So how did they come to replace the traditional white attire seen in the latter days? Let us see some of the benefits these clothing offer in order to answer that question.
• Identification: having a standard colour code or a type of clothing makes it easier for different staff members to be easily identified by other staff as well as customers. This becomes very important in a hospital setting where there will be a huge crowd always mingling. However one must note that it is not meant for any discriminative purposes.
• Supports operating room functions: stark white healthcare uniforms tend to add to the glare found within operating rooms. With the bright lights and other equipment constantly flashing and beeping having a neutral coloured uniform reduces the stress on the surgeon’s eyes, making it easier for them to perform operations easily.
• Comfort with style: the modern day scrubs come in various designs offering comfort and style to the wearer. Eg: there are v necks, round necks and even different colours and subtle prints to choose from which make for a stylish and a functional choice.
• Promotes hygiene: the design used for scrubs are very basic and simple with not many frills so they do not collect dust or dirt too much. The material they are manufactured in also makes them easier to clean and last longer.
• Low cost: the material used and the design being simple allows these clothing to be bought at a relatively low cost, so that they can be easily and conveniently replaced if they become damaged.
• Protection: bodily fluids and chemicals used to clean are commonly found in hospital settings. And these protective clothing are meant to keep the wearer safe from getting any of them on their bodies. Of course for specific purposes there are other protective gear hospital staff needs to wear like gloves, masks and shoe covers etc. Since they are flexible; they can be easily disposed of if contaminated.
• Fits any body type: the modern scrubs design is made to fit many body types, so you can easily find one that easily fits you. The simple design also promotes equality and less discrimination. Therefore it is easier to understand the practicality and versatility of these uniforms and the reasons for them being widely used in the healthcare industry.